MDE's Early Literacy and Mathematics Initiative -Instruction for Children Birth - Age 8
1. Letter names can be confusing.
2. English is more systematic than we may realize.
3. English orthography is complex for good reasons.
4. Some letters represent different sounds in different words.
5. Sometimes sounds can be represented in more than one way.
6. Sometimes pairs or groups of letters represent a single sound.
7. Sometimes pairs of letters represent a special kind of sound.
8. The letter or letters that immediately follow or precede a letter
9. A letter’s position in a word matters.
10. Any vowel can be a schwa.
For Full Article Click Here; http://www.naeyc.org/yc/files/yc/file/201503/YC0315_Block_Online.pdf
Gina Pepin, Ed.D.
TItle I Blog: